PIL Italy 2021-A
PIL Italy 2021-A
Prices starting at: $4,997
About the Pilgrimage
In the Footsteps of Pope Francis and St. Francis
Dynamic Catholic will take you to places and give you experiences in Italy that the average group doesn’t have access to. Celebrate Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica, attend an audience with Pope Francis, visit the home of St. Francis in Assisi, explore beautiful Florence, and more.
Day 1Depart United States
Your pilgrimage begins with an overnight flight to Rome. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Day 2Arrive in Rome
You will be transported to your hotel to unpack and relax before joining the other pilgrims for Mass, dinner, and a Welcome meeting. Optional rosary at St. Peter’s Square.
Day 3Vatican City
Attend the Papal Audience, experience Trevi Fountain, visit the Piazza Navona, see the Basilica of St. John the Lateran, and celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary Major.
Day 4Vatican City
Celebrate Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica, tour the Vatican Museums (including the Sistine Chapel), visit the tombs of St. Peter and St. John Paul II, and walk along the Appian Way.
Day 5Rome Countryside
Travel through the countryside to the Cathedral of Orvieto, which contains some of the most magnificent frescoes. After lunch, continue on to Assisi, the hometown of St. Francis.
Tour the quaint hilltop town of Assisi, visit the tomb of St. Francis, the Basilica of St. Francis, and the Basilica of St. Clare. Enjoy free time to stroll the medieval streets.
Day 7Assisi, Siena, or Florence
Remain in Assisi for the day, or take a guided tour of either Siena, one of Tuscany’s most beautiful cities, or Florence, known for its world-class art and Tuscan cuisine. (Guided tours are an additional $100.)
Visit St. Mary of the Angels Basilica, the church where St. Francis spent most of his life after founding the Franciscan Order. The afternoon is yours for last-minute shopping and sightseeing.
Day 9Depart Rome
Say “ciao,” and revel in the memories as the bus transports you to the airport for your flight home.
Please note that for a number of reasons beyond our control or because new opportunities emerge, the schedule and itinerary can change.
About ItalyVisit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi and more locations central to our Catholic faith!
Your Trip Includes
- Round trip airfare
- Prices will vary slightly based on departure airport.
- If you want to book your own airfare, Land Only option is available for $3,977
- Accommodations at first-class hotels (or similar)
- Transfers by private coach
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Glass of wine and mineral water with all dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of professional local guides throughout the trip
- Sightseeing and admissions fees
- Headsets for additional sightseeing
- Arrangements for daily Mass and spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Dynamic Catholic logoed backpack and portfolio of all travel documents
- Tips for guides and drivers