Mr. Kelly’s unique abilities and primary responsibilities are vision, strategy, and content. The role of his Executive Assistant is to support him as needed in the fulfillment of his responsibilities. The goal of the EA is to maximize the amount of time Mr. Kelly spends doing those things that only he can do, and minimize the amount of time he spends doing things that other capable people can successfully complete.
This person must maintain an exceptional level of professionalism and confidentiality and understand the many roles that Mr. Kelly has across his various organizations and beyond. Responsibilities will include a broad variety of tasks; from assisting Mr. Kelly with special projects, to running errands, and everything in between.
The Executive Assistant position is a unique and integral part of a small committed team. A “whatever it takes” mentality combined with a “no task is too big or too small” attitude is required to succeed in this role. The position consists of a 5-day in-office schedule, Monday-Friday, with occasional availability outside of regular business hours for urgent or emergency situations requiring immediate attention.
Who we are
Viident, Inc. is the largest independent publisher in the United States, dedicated to publishing non-fiction in the following categories: spirituality, personal development, business, and general interest, for readers of all ages, in all printed, digital, and audio formats. Viident is home to the following imprints: Blue Sparrow, Wellspring, and Servant.
Founded in 1993 by New York Times bestselling author Matthew Kelly, Viident is uniquely positioned to partner with authors because it understands the author perspective.
Viident, Inc. creates content that help people become the-best-version-of-themselves. If you are a qualified candidate interested in getting paid to grow professionally, make a difference, add tremendous value to our team, and change lives, we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information visit: www.bluesparrowbooks.org, www.wellspringbooks.org, www.servantbooks.com, and www.matthewkelly.com
- Assist in managing Mr. Kelly’s schedule, ensuring the days flow efficiently
- Anticipate and respond to the day-to-day needs of the founder/CEO
- Prioritize, manage, and contribute to a variety of projects and key initiatives collaboratively with internal team and external professionals
- Assist coordinating the logistics surrounding Mr. Kelly’s travel needs.
- Organize and manage files and confidential records, contact lists, and spreadsheets.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and package shipments
- Additional responsibilities pertaining to assistant work as needed and requested
- Meticulous attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills
- Desire to add enormous value by anticipating needs and solving problems
- Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple (and often competing) deadlines
- Sense of humor, discretion, humility, and coachable with outstanding work-ethic
- Confidence in corresponding with high level professionals
- Fast learner with ability to easily grasp and understand new concepts
- Proficiency in both Mac and PC systems, including but not limited to Office, Excel, Internet, and Outlook, etc.
- Polished, poised and professional in both mindset and demeanor
- Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work additional hours as needed and upon request
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and be a confident driver
- Ability to adapt quickly and reprioritize when the the needs and schedule of the CEO change
- Capable of processing direction quickly, thinking critically, and detailed note-keeping
- Ability to work independently with a strong desire to constantly learn and improve.
- Common sense and good judgment, knowing when to take action independently and when to consult the CEO.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people from all walks of life while maintaining important boundaries.
Salary $55,000 to $75,000 + Full Health Care Benefits + 3% 401k Match
The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate.