What do you feel when you hear creative benchmarking? How about honoring and protecting brand integrity? Artistic storytelling? Does obsessing over pantone and font alignment really jazz you up? If you’re as OCD as us about taking the long-view, then you’re in the right place.
We’re looking for an Art Director capable of working cross-functionally across Dynamic Catholic’s teams, integrating world-class aesthetics with fast-paced campaign deliverables throughout our various initiatives and channels. This person will be able to implement protocols for brand continuity and quality control over all visual assets as we serve our audience in their spiritual experience. We need someone who has a strong, focused sense of creative visual taste but can detach themselves from personal preference to balance caring deeply about details with knowing when to choose progress over perfection. The person we will hire is dedicated to working for a greater purpose, and happy to work with others to get the job done. No task is too small for you and no revision too tedious as you conceptualize, develop and deploy creative assets that inspire people to find a deeper meaning for their lives.
Who we are
At Dynamic Catholic our Mission is simple: to re-energize the Catholic Church in America. Catholics are leaving the Church at an alarming rate, and disengagement among those who remain is staggeringly high. This is where you come in. We are looking for driven, talented, and dynamic individuals who will work tirelessly to use their talents to inspire people to rediscover the genius of Catholicism.
- Meaningful and challenging work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to work closely with Matthew Kelly
- A wide variety and tremendous volume of content to be created
- A thriving culture where people strive to reach their potential and achieve amazing results
- Onsite chapel and work-out facility
- Commitment – Deeply passionate about the Mission of Dynamic Catholic and willing to act as a Servant Leader; eager to go the extra mile in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Coachability – Committed to best practices and continuous learning; genuine desire to give and receive feedback to master the Dynamic Catholic voice
- Awareness – A thorough understanding of our audience and the ability to talk to them in a way that is simple, relevant, and inspiring
- The desire to become intimately familiar with Dynamic Catholic’s historical brand voice, look, and feel
- The drive to honor and protect Dynamic Catholic’s brand integrity and brand continuity according to the long-view vision & strategy.
- A strong, focused sense of creative visual taste with ability to detach from personal preference regularly
- Ability to interpret and adhere to CEO’s creative long-term vision, discerning base-line standards for design assets
- A heart for coaching, guiding and motivating people to deliver consistent, quality designs
- The ability to perform creative benchmarking and identify potential opportunities
- Diligent attention to detail in art and design, re-directing creative process when necessary.
- The collaborative skill set to partner closely with CEO, Director of Content and Director of Marketing as your closest counterparts.
- A strong, well-rounded portfolio that includes multiple examples of web, email, social, and print creative campaigns. Applications without a portfolio of assets are unlikely to be considered.
You might also have
- Experience maintaining consistent branding and design systems across all platforms
- Experience providing creative direction to integrate campaign work across brand channels, and coaching while partnering with staff to accomplish creative objectives.
- Exposure to multiple channels of media consumption.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, ie., Xd, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, Premier
- Familiarity with a CMS environment such as SFCC/Demandware, Wordpress, Magento
- Comfortable working within an agile development process
This position is located in the Greater Cincinnati Area. The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate.